The National Awards are organized in different organizational categories (A, B, C), depending on the subscribed level, namely:
- Category A: Large Organization (over 100 employees)
- Category B: Medium Organization (more than 20 to 100 employees)
- Category C: Small Organization (1 to 20 employees)
Different levels of subscription are set up at the national level to encourage and motivate the quality approach in all organizations. The levels of subscription are:
- Level 1: For organizations which have reached the required level of management commitment
in the implementation of the quality approach. Level 1 includes 9 criteria. The “Bronze Award”, also
called “Commitment to Quality” is associated with this level.
- Level 2: For organizations which, in addition to the commitment of management, have implemented
a plan to improve their products or services. Level 2 includes 18 criteria, including those from level 1.
The ‘’Silver Award’’, also called "Quality Control’’ is associated with this level.
- Level 3: For organizations which have implemented a quality approach and conducted an internal
audit (First Party Audit). Level 3 includes 27 criteria, including those of level 2. The award associated
with level 3 is the ‘’Gold Award’’, also called "Encouragement for Excellence”.
- Level 4: For organizations which have implemented a quality approach and have conducted an
internal audit (First Party Audit) as well as an external audit (Third Party Audit). Level 4 is comprised
of 40 criteria, including those of level 3. The award associated with level 4 is the “Diamond Award”,
also called “Excellence”.
Please note: Show of certificate is required to allow entry, especially for levels 3 and 4.
Only organizations that were awarded the ‘Diamond’/Excellence in each category at national level can participate in the competition at the regional level for the ECOWAS Quality Award.